Talent House #3 - The hunt for high-potential builders to attend ETHMexicoCity is over!
Hosting a successful first edition of Talent House at Celo Connect in Barcelona, and receiving a record number of applicants for Talent House #2 - ETHCC Week, gave us the motivation to continue our hunt for high-potential Web3 talent. Next stop → Talent House #3 - ETHMexicoCity, which will take place between August 18th and 22nd, 2022 🎉
Talent House was created by Talent Protocol and funded by the Celo Foundation with the goal of finding, selecting, and supporting high-potential talent to attend their first Web3 IRL event. These life-changing opportunities will help the grant’s winners grow their network, share ideas, and expand the learning base to kick-start their own projects.
It’s time to explore the Latin American Web3 Space 🪅
Unlike EthCC in Paris, ETHMexicoCity is a 3-day hackathon. Consequently, we were very curious to observe the distinctions (if any) in the demographics, backgrounds, and the motivators of the applicants to this different edition of Talent House.
In 14 days, we received a total of 89 applications. Same as last time, the majority of the applicants were from Nigeria (almost 18%). Next comes (surprise, surprise) Mexico (about 11,24%), closely followed by Indonesia (10,11%) and India (7,86%).
Also similar to the previous Talent House edition, an almost equal number of applicants classified themselves as technical (57,3%) and non-technical (42,7%) in the blockchain and crypto space.
However, independent of the ethnicity, gender, and occupation, all the applications were closely analysed by a jury consisting of Talent Protocol and Celo Foundation representatives. The grant winners were, then, selected based on the following criteria:
1. Motivation - why the applicant wanted to be part of Talent House #3 - ETHMexicoCity ;
2. Talent - the quality and novelty of their work and projects;
3. Ambition - why this opportunity was important for them and their career goals;
4. Diversity - balance gender, nationality, and ethnicity amongst the winners.
Full Grant Winners
This edition, we are happy to announce 4 wonderful individuals who will receive a full grant. They have all surprised us with their previous works and, especially, with their ambitious future goals in the Web3 space.
This time, a full grant covers the accommodation in a shared house near the hackathon venue and the full travel expanses to/from Mexico City. Here they are:
- Eduardo Davalos Alejandri, Mexico (Latin America)
- Ian Mah, Canada (North America)
- Nicolás Bilinkis, Argentina (Latin America)
- Ulaş Erdoğan, Turkey (Middle East)
Partial Grant Winners
Additionally, Talent House offers a partial grant to 6 more incredible talents who have proved the impact this opportunity might have on their careers in Web3. They will have their travel expenses either fully or partially covered. Here are their names:
- Bricia Guzmán , Mexico (Latin America)
- Erick Zamora, Mexico (Latin America)
- Ernest Kangwa, Zambia (Africa)
- Francisco Trejo, Mexico (Latin America)
- Iwo Szapar, Poland (Central Europe)
- Jun Sun, USA (North America)
All winners have already been directly contacted by a Talent Protocol team member for all necessary arrangements.
Be the next Talent House Grant Winner 🎉
If you feel like Talent House is the place to be for you, and you already know who this opportunity can change the course of your career, the APPLY NOW to the next 2 Talent Houses:
- Devcon Bogotá : Oct 7th - 16th (apply until Jul 17th)
- ETHLisbon : Oct 28th - 30th (apply until Jul 17th)
You can find the application form for the Talent Houses here.
Also, don’t forget that you will have to apply to Devcon Bogotá (ETHBogotá hackathon and the Devcon Conference) and ETHLisbon separately!
If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected]
Our congratulations once again to all our Talent House #3 - ETHMexicoCity grant winners and wish you luck when applying for the next editions 🎉💪